- The chemical element of atomic number 12, a silver-white metal of the alkaline earth series. It is used to make strong lightweight alloys, and is also used in flash bulbs and pyrotechnics, as it burns with a brilliant white flame. (Symbol: Mg)More example sentences
- Calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc are the major minerals that make up bones.
- This fruit is also rich in other mineral elements such as calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Generally, magnesium, potassium, and sulfur do not need to be added to swine diets.
More definitions of magnesiumDefinition of magnesium in:
- The US English dictionary