- A school designed to attract pupils from various areas or groups, especially one offering specialist tuition in a particular subject alongside the standard curriculum: do the magnet schools attract the most able staff and pupils to the detriment of other schools in the area?More example sentences
- She went to a top high school, a magnet school, in her area (she lived in poor rural western Virginia), went to an Ivy League university, did a master's program, and is now in law school in New York.
- I was teaching in a magnet school where middle school students could take three electives a quarter.
- Designated as a magnet school for voluntary desegregation, it attracts students from throughout the Chicago School District.
More definitions of magnet schoolDefinition of magnet school in:
- The US English dictionary