- A neutron star with a much stronger magnetic field than ordinary neutron stars.More example sentences
- I know a place where the magnetic fields would rip you apart, atom by atom: the surface of a neutron star, a magnetar.
- Schwartz and colleagues provide the first observational evidence that the giant flare was produced when the crust of the magnetar could no longer plastically compensate the internal magnetic stress and finally cracked.
- Thought to be a mighty cataclysm in a super-dense, highly magnetized star called a magnetar, it emitted as much energy in two-tenths of a second as the sun gives off in 250,000 years.
More definitions of magnetarDefinition of magnetar in:
- The US English dictionary