- another term for compass ( sense 1 of the noun).More example sentences
- A magnetic compass should always point north; a moral compass should always point out what is moral - and immoral.
- Divided into two groups, the contest saw one of the team groups stay at the baseline to help solve the clues while the other group used a magnetic compass to get the right direction.
- Each lava unit was sampled, usually as seven independent cores, drilled over several metres of outcrop using a portable motor and oriented by sun and magnetic compasses.
More definitions of magnetic compassDefinition of magnetic compass in:
- The US English dictionary