- A grey-black magnetic mineral which consists of an oxide of iron and is an important form of iron ore.More example sentences
- The majority of the rhyolites are porphyritic and contain phenocrysts of one or more of the following: plagioclase, clinopyroxene, magnetite, quartz and sanidine, plus accessory apatite and zircon.
- The sample is composed of K-feldspar, plagioclase and quartz with accessory apatite, magnetite, titanite, zircon and secondary epidote.
- Along the contact zone the limestones were recrystallized into a cloudy white, massive calcite containing grossular, epidote, magnetite, quartz, and tremolite.
More definitions of magnetiteDefinition of magnetite in:
- The US English dictionary