An instrument used for measuring magnetic forces, especially the earth’s magnetism.
- Well, what we actually do is plant what we call electrodes which are little electrical sensors and magnetometers which sense the magnetic fields.
- They also detect only the portion of a magnetic field pointing along the sensor, while the atomic magnetometers detect the total field strength, a desirable capability for many magnetic imaging and search applications.
- Researchers analysed data obtained by the Galileo space probe on January 3, when Europa's magnetic field was measured by a magnetometer.
- Example sentences
- Another measures disturbances to the earth's magnetic field (magnetometry) caused by buried features such as some construction materials, pottery, pits, ditches and walls.
- Gorman and coworkers used ultrasonography and magnetometry to measure diaphragmatic length at different lung volumes in 10 men with COPD and 10 control subjects.
- This kind of magnetometry could be very useful for nondestructive testing of materials.
Definition of magnetometer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.