- The outer limit of a magnetosphere.More example sentences
- The magnetosphere varies in size and shape, and its outer boundary - the magnetopause - gently undulates like a wave due to buffeting by the solar wind.
- Our relatively puny magnetic field holds the Solar Wind at bay, at the magnetopause, a distance of 60,000 km from Earth.
- When the magnetopause is stationary it must be in equilibrium with all forces and torques balanced.
More definitions of magnetopauseDefinition of magnetopause in:
- The US English dictionary