noun[mass noun] Physics
- The dependence of the electrical resistance of a body on an external magnetic field.More example sentences
- This type of magnetoresistance is called ballistic because the electrons' paths are so short that the particles don't collide with atoms as they zip through the nanocontact.
- Read heads based on giant magnetoresistance further increase the storage capacity of hard disc drives.
- A magnetoresistance effect type head for reproducing includes a lower shielding film and a magnetoresistance effect sensor film between the lower shielding film and the lower magnetic core.
- More example sentences
- Thus all the elegant science and engineering of the disk drive - the aerodynamic heads, the magnetoresistive sensors, the ruthenium film - has its ultimate fulfillment in replaying soap operas and old Star Trek episodes.
- Accordingly, the whole region passed by the object in the alignment direction of the magnetoresistive elements is a magnetic sensitive region.
- The sensor preferably is either an anisotopic magnetoresistive element or a spin valve element less than 0.6 m wide.
More definitions of magnetoresistanceDefinition of magnetoresistance in:
- The US English dictionary