- The broad elongated extension of the earth’s magnetosphere on the side away from the sun.More example sentences
- In June 2001 Cluster began to explore the magnetotail - the region where storms of high energy particles are generated.
- The magnetotail is the part of the magnetosphere pushed in the direction of the solar wind - shaped like a giant windsock and stretching at least two million kilometres into space on the night side of the Earth.
- The orbit has to have some inclination to it for the apoapsis to get into the magnetotail.
More definitions of magnetotailDefinition of magnetotail in:
- The US English dictionary