- A lens that produces an enlarged image, typically set in a frame with a handle and used to examine small or finely detailed things such as fingerprints and fine print.More example sentences
- A magnifying glass or 10X hand lens is helpful in examining plants for the presence of mites.
- You may request a magnifying glass to read the fine print.
- To focus the image, move the magnifying glass closer or farther away from the candle.
More definitions of magnifying glassDefinition of magnifying glass in:
- The US English dictionary