- A Chinese game played, usually by four people, with 136 or 144 rectangular pieces called tiles.More example sentences
- The elderly like Chinese opera, drama, classical music, and playing mah-jongg.
- Card games and mah-jongg, a Chinese game similar to rummy that is played with ivory tiles, regularly involve gambling.
- Other exhibits included Chinese Kung Fu, Chinese chess, mah-jong, Chinese calligraphy and palmistry.
from Chinese dialect ma-tsiang, literally 'sparrows'.
More definitions of mah-jongDefinition of mah-jong in:
- The US English dictionary