- 1A mansion or palace: [in names]: the Taj MahalMore example sentences
- A city of gardens, royal buildings and well laid streets, its crowning piece of architecture is the spectacular city palace which is on par with the most beautiful mahals of Rajasthan and Baroda.
- From 1876, the mahal has been occupied by successive heirs, among them the charitable Ghulam Muhammad Ali Khan.
- In the heart of Chennai is a mahal which is home to a princely family that traces its lineage from the Second Caliph of Islam, Hazrath Omar Bin-Khattab.
early 17th century: from Urdu and Persian maḥal(l), from Arabic maḥall, from ḥall 'stopping place, abode'.
More definitions of mahalDefinition of mahal in:
- The US English dictionary