- A maharaja’s wife or widow.More example sentences
- His warm acknowledgements thank a maharani, two princesses, various lords and ladies and a host of worthwhile experts, but never mention the unacknowledged and unnamed photographers whose skill helped to make his book special.
- Using the best local materials and reviving traditional techniques, Abu and Sandeep re-create an India of rajahs and maharanis for Bollywood and Hollywood's elite.
- It is in the next generation that Moore's story really comes into its own, with the maharanis, rather than their husbands, in the foreground.
from Hindi mahārānī, from Sanskrit mahā 'great' + rājñī 'rani'.
More definitions of maharaniDefinition of maharani in:
- The US English dictionary