- (In South and SE Asia) a person who works with and rides an elephant.More example sentences
- Displaying their talents, these giants will perform shows such trunk painting and a mock elephant battle ridden by mahouts.
- Walking down memory lane, Dr Paramesh spoke of how the company's founder-father M Manal chanced upon a herb that mahouts used to calm elephants and began to experiment with its benefits for humans.
- He also won awards for Man and Elephant, the love story of a mahout and an elephant, which was been shown on 100 television channels internationally.
from Hindi mahāvat.
More definitions of mahoutDefinition of mahout in:
- The US English dictionary