- The surname that a married woman used before she was married and which she may still use when married, especially in her employment: many women choose to work under their maiden namesMore example sentences
- In the last year of college, when everyone was trying to find a catchy ‘stage name’ I made lists and lists, researching old family names, maiden names, names that just sounded good.
- I kept my maiden name as a second middle name, but I'd not want to saddle any of my kids with it.
- Naomi would like to change her daughters' surname to her own maiden name.
More definitions of maiden nameDefinition of maiden name in:
- The US English dictionary