(also maidenhair fern)
- A chiefly tropical fern having slender-stalked fronds with round or wedge-shaped divided lobes.
More example sentences
- Genus Adiantum, family Adiantaceae: several species, in particular A. capillus-veneris of Eurasia and North America
- Species of the eastern deciduous forest are northern maidenhair, maidenhair spleenwort, and oak fern.
- Among the ferns are California polypody, maidenhair fern, and golden-back fern.
- Others are maidenhair spleenwort, two kinds of polypody, and walking fern.
More definitions of maidenhairDefinition of maidenhair in:
- The US English dictionary