noun[mass noun] Computing
- The automatic addition of names and addresses from a database to letters and envelopes in order to facilitate sending mail, especially advertising, to many addresses.More example sentences
- The program allows you to email and do mail merge to your entire database of contacts.
- ‘For the competition, random tasks would keep popping up and you had to do different tasks in Word like mail merge, creating table of contents, footnotes or formatting images.’
- Popular programs such as Microsoft Word now include a spelling and grammar checker, thesaurus, clip art, hyperlinking, page layout, envelope and label creation, mail merge and other tools that you once needed other programs to provide.
More definitions of mail mergeDefinition of mail merge in:
- The US English dictionary