- A principal wing or other supporting surface of an aircraft, as opposed to a tailplane.More example sentences
- Now staff are preparing the centre section and hull for relocation to Point Cook where the mainplanes are being restored.
- Conversion involved; replacing the upper, and lower mainplanes with scratchbuilt narrower chord wings.
- The coolant radiators were in the mainplane leading edge between the engines and the fuselage.
More definitions of mainplaneDefinition of mainplane in:
- The US English dictionary