- A set of rooms for living in, typically on two storeys of a larger building and having a separate entrance.More example sentences
- These comprise eight maisonettes and two penthouse apartments as well as 12 parking spaces.
- The development includes 12 apartments, 38 semi-detached houses, five town houses, 12 maisonettes, and two detached houses.
- These may include creating maisonettes with ground-floor bedrooms and living rooms above, where they will receive more light.
late 18th century: from French maisonnette, diminutive of maison 'house'.
More definitions of maisonetteDefinition of maisonette in:
- The US English dictionary