Having or showing impressive beauty or scale: the majestic Canadian Rockies
More example sentences
- This year still have ample reason to believe in that majestic beauty of the beat.
- The majestic beauty of its rugged mountains and the simple way of life are a major drawcard.
- The thin lips of his closed mouth and his stout body give the impression of majestic mercy.
exalted, august, great, awesome, elevated, sublime, lofty; stately, dignified, distinguished, striking, magisterial, solemn, maestoso, magnificent, grand, splendid, resplendent, glorious, sumptuous, impressive, awe-inspiring, monumental, palatial; statuesque, Olympian, imposing, marvellous, sonorous, resounding, heroic, portentous, superb, proud; regal, royal, kingly, queenly, princely, imperial, noble, lordly, sovereign
- More example sentences
- The well-known overture opened dramatically, with the orchestra majestically in situ on a balcony above the action.
- This is how the Star Spangled Banner was meant to be flown, on the end of a pole of its own, free to wave majestically in our own free air.
- Not the world's largest fire you understand, no flames leaping majestically into the summer sky, but smoking away happily all the same.