Definition of major league in English:
The highest-ranking league in a particular professional sport, especially baseball: [as modifier]: major-league players
More example sentences
- Like most of us, my dreams of setting foot on a major-league baseball field died a painful, inglorious death in youth.
- Did you realize the Oakland A's have three players in their starting lineup who are the sons of former major-league baseball players?
- Palmeiro is no longer a major-league caliber ballplayer.
- Example sentences
- Abreu is an established major-leaguer and a future star who is sure to make an impact
- He was a star in Japan, and he has all the tools, but who knows if he can produce as a major-leaguer?
- Even if I wasn't working to become a major-leaguer, I just wanted to play.
Definition of major league in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan