- A tranquillizer of the kind used to treat psychotic states.More example sentences
- The drugs used for schizophrenia are antipsychotics or neuroleptics (major tranquillizers).
- The prolonged use of neuroleptic drugs (major tranquillizers) can produce movement disorders, including tremors, tics, and smacking of the lips.
- Her diagnosis of bipolar/schizoaffective disorder had been disabling for years, and she had been dependent on a variety of major tranquilizers.
More definitions of major tranquillizerDefinition of major tranquillizer in:
- The US English dictionary