- • proverb Make good use of an opportunity while it lasts: they made political hay out of the issueMore example sentences
- This is one of a few occasions that provide a good opportunity for both private and governmental textile houses to make hay.
- If our soccer players do not appreciate the privilege of having direct access to Africa's richest soccer league, then they must blame themselves for not making hay while the sun shines.
- Talk about making hay while the sun shines: this is a place that knows how to make the most of an unusually short summer season.
More definitions of make hay while the sun shinesDefinition of make hay while the sun shines in:
- The US English dictionary