- 1 [usually in combination] A person or thing that makes or produces something: film-makers a cabinetmakerMore example sentences
- This means generic drug makers can legitimately produce cheaper copycat versions of the drugs.
- Sound of Music is a one man show - there are no producers or tea makers, just me and my music.
- The court, however, has chided the software maker for failing to produce much in the way of evidence at all.
- 2 (our, the, etc. Maker) God.More example sentences
- Our Maker wants us to succeed, to fulfill our unique spiritual purpose, and to discover and cocreate the life of our dreams.
- I'm looking ahead to the next 50 and all that this ol' life has to offer untill my maker calls me home!!
- But I do believe in the Maker, and that he probably has a plan.
meet one's Maker
- chiefly • humorous Die: the film ended as poor Eddie met his MakerMore example sentences
- Now do the rest of the world a favor and meet your Maker.
- I thought at that point the carriage was going to roll over and I thought we were going to meet our Maker.
- Remember, some day each and every one of us will meet our Maker.