- Acting as an interim and temporary measure: arranging a row of chairs to form a makeshift bedMore example sentences
- Sometimes the hostels are full and homeless women are given makeshift beds, she said.
- I sat on the end of his makeshift bed and we talked about his life, family, and fishing.
- So makeshift solutions were invented, revived and refined to get back a certain air of balance.
nounBack to top
- A temporary substitute or device.More example sentences
- We're looking at a matchup between makeshifts on Saturday.
- Sportsmen's Hall, it turned out, was much less grand than its name implied: all makeshifts and mazes, narrow passages harbored by rude planks.
- Such makeshifts were not uncommon among late-romantics.