- World-weariness.More example sentences
- I find Weldon's coverage of her Girls' High School days rather sad, pathetic and tinged with a sort of private mal du siècle.
- Zeno is a hypochondriacal, neurotic, delightful, solipsistic, self-examining and self-serving bourgeois, a true blossom of the mal du siècle.
- For the Romantics, mal du siècle was the equivalent of ‘The Elizabethan Malady.’
French, literally 'sickness of the century'.
More definitions of mal du siècleDefinition of mal du siècle in:
- The US English dictionary