adjective & adverbLaw
- In bad faith; with intent to deceive: [as adjective]: a mala fide abuse of positionMore example sentences
- I have piled up the few chapters I can remember all around me and I am taking them apart a letter at a time, stripping them of intentions both mala fide and bona fide.
- We need to sift the grain from the chaff and check out whether the allegations of abuse are genuine, exaggerated or altogether mala fide.
- Often, they are bona fide, but they can be mala fide too, more often than what you would want to admit.
Latin, ablative of mala fides.
More definitions of mala fideDefinition of mala fide in:
- The US English dictionary