- A bright green mineral consisting of hydrated basic copper carbonate, which typically occurs in masses and fibrous aggregates.More example sentences
- Other secondary copper minerals associated with the chrysocolla are malachite, cuprite, and tenorite.
- Nowadays it is often found with malachite, a green copper carbonate.
- Some of the most attractive contain spraylike aggregates of velvety malachite in and on lustrous blue-black azurite crystals.
late Middle English: from Old French melochite, via Latin from Greek molokhitis, from molokhē, variant of malakhē 'mallow'.
More definitions of malachiteDefinition of malachite in:
- The US English dictionary