Definition of maladroit in English:
Inefficient or inept; clumsy: both men are unhappy about the maladroit way the matter has been handled
More example sentences
- This has been an extremely clumsy maladroit approach on the part of the US economic team.
- This he contrasts to the maladroit policies pursued by the natives after they acquired independence - which included high tariffs, industrial planning, labor protection, and the like.
- I will only make one observation - the Chinese government has been extraordinarily maladroit over the past six months.
bungling, awkward, inept, clumsy, bumbling, incompetent, unskilful, heavy-handed, ungainly, inelegant, inexpert, graceless, ungraceful, gauche, unhandy, uncoordinated, gawky, cloddish, clodhopping, all fingers and thumbs, flat-footed, lumbering;
like a bull in a china shop, tactless, insensitive, thoughtless, inconsiderate, undiplomatic, impolitic, injudicious
Late 17th century: French.
- Example sentences
- I groaned internally as I recalled the plane ride where I had maladroitly gotten sick all over Ross.
- Legalist institutions that manage that pursuit maladroitly are ultimately swept away.
- Small-scale land restitution to those who could prove they owned it before 1947 has been maladroitly handled.
- Example sentences
- Unfortunately it appears that Mr Rahman's maladroitness precedes him.
- Not only is the moment not particularly funny, its maladroitness ruins any momentum the film had been building.
- Mishaps and maladroitness end in pairing for all, as their love ‘started in eternity and will last till doomsday’.
Words that rhyme with maladroitadroit, dacoit, Detroit, doit, droit, exploit, quoit
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan