noun[mass noun] Medicine & Biology
- Faulty or imperfect development.More example sentences
- One popular theory postulates that a clubfoot is a result of intrauterine maldevelopment of the talus that leads to adduction and plantarflexion of the foot.
- Such damage might emerge after cerebellar maldevelopment, or an earlier undetected hypoxic or ischemic event.
- If this function is abnormal, infertility, infantile underdevelopment, maldevelopment, weakness of bone development, etc. will manifest.
More definitions of maldevelopmentDefinition of maldevelopment in:
- The US English dictionary