- 1Relating to or denoting interaction or transfer between a male and a female: male-to-female aggressionMore example sentences
- Using this estimate of male-to-female transmission, it would take 770 or 3333 sexual contacts respectively to reach a 50% or 95% probability of becoming infected.
- In the second analysis we examined only male-to-female violence recidivism.
- Male-to-female transmission is more likely.
- 2Denoting or relating to a person who is born male and subsequently adopts the identity or appearance of a female, especially one who has undergone gender reassignment: the male-to-female transgendered communityMore example sentences
- One partner had had a male-to-female sex change.
- I have known more than a few transexuals of the male-to-female variety.
- Though not the first male-to-female transsexual, she is the best known.
nounBack to top
- A person who is born male and subsequently adopts the identity or appearance of a female, especially one who has undergone gender reassignment: people are becoming aware that transsexual doesn’t only refer to male-to-femalesMore example sentences
- Although the transgender movement is far from a unified whole, I think some of the analytical confusion surrounding it has been due to thinking of mtfs (male-to-females) and ftms (female-to-males) as part of the same phenomenon.
- The show follows "four unique individuals, two male-to-females and two female-to-males as they struggle to transition from one gender to the other in the midst of a grueling school year."
- Broadly speaking, it was postulated that the male-to-female's motivations are individual ones, firmly rooted in personal identity.
More definitions of male-to-femaleDefinition of male-to-female in:
- The US English dictionary