Definition of malfeasance in English:
noun[mass noun] Law
Wrongdoing, especially (US) by a public official.
- This would occur whenever the public is made aware of official malfeasance or incompetence.
- Unions and victims' groups have already accused the company of fraud, deceit and corporate malfeasance.
- Even if they were just friends, that made it newsworthy, because it was about public malfeasance.
- Example sentences
- They are a malfeasant U.S. corporation that has potentially caused us to lose $500 million.
- How much gumption does it take to pillory the malfeasant editors, reporters, and publisher who turned to compost ages ago?
- It's still possible that this is just a cataclysmic bankruptcy for which a few malfeasant executives will pay a stiff price.
Pronunciation: /malˈfiːz(ə)nt/noun& adjective
Definition of malfeasance in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.