- A weaver bird of west and central Africa, having black plumage with red on the head or throat.
More example sentences
- Genus Malimbus, family Ploceidae
- The Gola malimbe was not found in the 1989 survey although it has been recorded in the Gola forests before.
- Black-bellied Seedcracker inhabits the forest edge, while the canopy holds vermillion and black malimbes.
- There are lots of malimbes there of several species, but unfortunately the endemic Ibadan Malimbe has only rarely been recorded.
1940s: named after the town of Malimbe in Angola.