- A long-tailed cuckoo of South and SE Asia, with dark grey or brown plumage.
More example sentences
- Rhopodytes and other genera: family Cuculidae
- Once inside the forest we walked several trails spotting hornbills, woodpeckers and malkohas to name a few.
- Watch for giant snails, falconets, malkohas and numerous small birds along the highway that crosses the park.
- Then the malkohas and the couas are given ‘tribe’ status, thus forming our seven distinctive groups of cuckoos.
mid 18th century: from Sinhalese mal-koha, literally 'flower cuckoo'.