nounNorth American • informal
- A young person who frequents shopping malls, usually for social purposes.More example sentences
- The 1980s or early 1990s stereotype of the teenage mall rat as a nuisance has become a bonanza for those who sell.
- I could have become a runaway materialist, a robotic mall rat who resorts to retail therapy in pursuit of fulfillment.
- After my time spent as a passive mall rat, I came to think of such places as the modern day equivalent of the old town square.
More definitions of mall ratDefinition of mall rat in:
- The US English dictionary