- 1A low-growing bushy Australian eucalyptus which has several slender stems.
More example sentences
- Genus Eucalyptus, family Myrtaceae: E. dumosa and other species
- Trees and Acacia species were planted 1m apart and mallees were planted 0.5m apart in view of later thinning.
- At the moment there are 900 farmers involved in planting oil mallees, and 20 million trees in the ground.
- In 2007 we will be contributing 20,000 oil mallees in areas prone to land degradation.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Scrub which is dominated by mallee, typical of some arid parts of Australia.More example sentences
- The property stretches for about 60 km from north to south through a tremendous mix of flood plain country and mallee.
- This contraption would knock down most of the mallee which would later be burned.
- Australia could only become really productive in terrain, soil, and vegetation as unique and perplexing as the mallee and the black soil plains, after it had forged its own slow agricultural revolution.
mid 19th century: from Wuywurung (an Aboriginal language).
More definitions of malleeDefinition of mallee in:
- The US English dictionary