(also mallee hen)
noun (plural same)
- A megapode (bird) found in the mallee scrub of southern Australia, with pale patterned plumage.
More example sentences
- Leipoa ocellata, family Megapodiidae
- Only the malleefowl and the Australian brush-turkey can be found in habitats outside the rainforest.
- The malleefowl is unique in that it is the only megapod that makes it's home in dry, inland scrub.
- State Forests already provides financial support for the malleefowl breeding program at Western Plains Zoo and supplied the program's original breeding pairs from Goonoo.
More definitions of malleefowlDefinition of malleefowl in:
- The US English dictionary