- A herbaceous plant with hairy stems, pink or purple flowers, and disc-shaped fruit.
More example sentences
- Genus Malva, family Malvaceae (the mallow family, which also contains hollyhocks, hibiscus, and abutilon): many species.
- The look is deliberately natural, with an emphasis on indigenous plants such as swamp mallow and drought-tolerant ornamental grasses.
- Other locals include yarrow, pussytoes, mallow, cudweed, meadowsweet, and chickweed.
- My parents are buried in a garden I made in Water Mill, the graves two unmarked stones, surrounded by Montauk daisies and pink mallow.
Old English meal(u)we, from Latin malva; related to Greek malakhē; compare with mauve.
More definitions of mallowDefinition of mallow in:
- The US English dictionary