noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A crystalline acid obtained by the oxidation of malic acid.
- Chemical formula: HOOCCH2COOH
More example sentences
- It unfolds as a complex interplay among bromate ions, malonic acid, and a catalyst.
- The occurrence of malonic acid has been reported in the leaves of lucerne and in green wheat plants.
- A particle size of the dispersed malonic acid of about 25 to about 1000 microns is suitable.
mid 19th century: malonic from French malonique, alteration of malique 'malic'.
Definition of malonic acid in:
- The US English dictionary