- Treat (a person or animal) cruelly or with violence: children die from neglect or are maltreated by their carersMore example sentences
- No parents or other adults should exploit, abuse or maltreat children.
- They had a nice four-room flat in Naupada, but soon after my first daughter was born they started maltreating me.
- Meanwhile, the fate of the abandoned, aborted, murdered, or maltreated girls is barely seen as a problem
- More example sentences
- He advocates the ideas and defends the system of his brother's maltreaters.
- She's been in the news as the maltreater of dogs and cats.
- One requirement is that CPS must advise the alleged maltreater of the allegations against him or her at the first contact.
early 18th century: from French maltraiter.