Definition of maltreat in English:
Treat (a person or animal) cruelly or with violence: children die from neglect or are maltreated by their carers
More example sentences
- No parents or other adults should exploit, abuse or maltreat children.
- They had a nice four-room flat in Naupada, but soon after my first daughter was born they started maltreating me.
- Meanwhile, the fate of the abandoned, aborted, murdered, or maltreated girls is barely seen as a problem
- Example sentences
- He advocates the ideas and defends the system of his brother's maltreaters.
- She's been in the news as the maltreater of dogs and cats.
- One requirement is that CPS must advise the alleged maltreater of the allegations against him or her at the first contact.
Early 18th century: from French maltraiter.
Words that rhyme with maltreataccrete, autocomplete, beet, bittersweet, bleat, cheat, cleat, clubfeet, compete, compleat, complete, conceit, Crete, deceit, delete, deplete, discreet, discrete, eat, effete, élite, entreat, escheat, estreat, excrete, feat, feet, fleet, gîte, greet, heat, leat, leet, Magritte, marguerite, meat, meet, meet-and-greet, mesquite, mete, mistreat, neat, outcompete, peat, Pete, petite, pleat, receipt, replete, sangeet, seat, secrete, sheet, skeet, sleet, splay-feet, street, suite, sweet, teat, treat, tweet, wheat
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.