- (In Japan and East Asia) a woman in a position of authority, especially one in charge of a geisha house or bar.More example sentences
- At night, Namie acted as a mama-san for Reiko, introducing her to boys from other private schools and letting them go off on their own.
- From the age of 18, she's been a mama-san at three clubs, one being in Tokyo's posh Ginza district.
- While he was doing that, I looked at the guard shack where the mama-sans used to get checked in and out.
Japanese, from mama 'mother' + -san.
More definitions of mama-sanDefinition of mama-san in:
- The US English dictionary