- The milk-producing gland of women or other female mammals.More example sentences
- Some mutations involving the hair are accompanied by defects of the skin and its appendages, such as nails, teeth, sebaceous glands, and mammary glands.
- The mammary glands are specialized cutaneous glands that develop rapidly but incompletely at puberty.
- So now that ball of cells, all of whose genetic material came from the mammary gland, the breast gland of the sheep, was implanted into a uterus, and it gave rise to this reproductive clone, Dolly.
More definitions of mammary glandDefinition of mammary gland in:
- The US English dictionary