- 1In a direct and frank way between two men: he was able to talk man to man with the delegatesMore example sentences
- I realize you are my employer, but I'd like to speak with you man to man for a moment, if I may.
- I'm very much looking forward to seeing him and sitting down and talking to him man to man.
- Dad did occasionally try to talk to me in a man-to-man, father-to-son kind of way.
- 2Denoting a defensive tactic in soccer or other sport in which each player is responsible for marking one opponent: the best man-to-man marker in the gameMore example sentences
- One of the biggest keys to a good man to man defensive scheme is what is called player recognition.
- Concentrate on dribbling, passing, shooting and playing man to man defense.
- I am sure that if you see TV and watch other matches you will see a lot of goals scored from set-pieces, corners and free-kicks against teams who mark man to man.
More definitions of man to manDefinition of man to man in:
- The US English dictionary