A sea cow of tropical Atlantic coasts and estuaries, with a rounded tail flipper.
- Family Trichechidae and genus Trichechus: three species
More example sentences
- Native animals range from the jaguar and howler monkey to the manatee, and there are more than 290 species of birds.
- There are three species of manatees, including the West Indian manatee.
- They provide food and shelter for thousands of species, including endangered manatees, dugongs and sea turtles.
mid 16th century: from Spanish manati, from Carib manáti.
Definition of manatee in:
- The US English dictionary