- A loaf of the finest kind of wheaten bread: [as modifier]: a small manchet loafMore example sentences
- Mama had Missy make her famous corn chowder, ginger beef, carrot pudding, fresh manchet bread, and sherry and vanilla cream custards.
- One will not learn anything about Twelfth Night by eating a manchet or stroking a velvet doublet, but introducing the play with an ‘Elizabethan experience’ need not always be valueless.
- Bake these delicious manchet loaves using ale yeast from the brewhouse and stoneground English flour.
late Middle English: perhaps from obsolete maine 'flour of the finest quality' + obsolete cheat, denoting a kind of wheaten bread.
More definitions of manchetDefinition of manchet in:
- The US English dictionary