noun (plural mandataries)• historical
- A person or state receiving a mandate.More example sentences
- The territories were designated as mandatories but were ultimately assigned on the basis of military occupation.
- The mandatories believed they should have the autonomy to administer their mandates without oversight from Geneva.
- If the exporter is not a resident of Canada, the application must be made by an agent or mandatary who is a resident of Canada.
late 15th century (denoting a person appointed by a papal mandate): from late Latin mandatarius, from mandatum (see mandate).
More definitions of mandataryDefinition of mandatary in:
- The US English dictionary