- A military device for throwing stones and other missiles.More example sentences
- The battering rams and mangonels would be ready in a few days.
- That gave us the time to move arbalests and mangonels into position along the walls.
- It would take a mangonel to bring that wall down if they even knew the door was there.
Middle English: from Old French mangonel(le), from medieval Latin manganellus, diminutive of late Latin manganum, from Greek manganon 'axis, engine of war'.
More definitions of mangonelDefinition of mangonel in:
- The US English dictionary