- A small covered opening in a paved area allowing access beneath, especially one leading to a sewer: they were to go down a manhole and then search the sewers [as modifier]: manhole coverMore example sentences
- A blind man once fell into a sewer because the iron manhole cover was missing.
- It's rusty water, leaking from conduit lines beneath a manhole cover on Riggs Road.
- They both found a manhole cover and climbed back down into the sewer system.
More definitions of manholeDefinition of manhole in:
- The US English dictionary