An ash tree which exudes a sweet edible gum (manna) from its branches when they are damaged, native to southern Europe and SW Asia.
- Fraxinus ornus, family Oleaceae
More example sentences
- Beams of ash and oak were split along the grain by wedges, and they rolled great manna ashes down from the mountains.
- This presidium, supported by the regional authority of Sicily, brings together growers of manna ash for the purpose of improving collection techniques.
- Trees include manna ashes, Cornelian cherry, oriental hornbeam and silver lime.
Definition of manna ash in:
- The US English dictionary