1A dummy used to display clothes in a shop window.
- Once I was able to sift through, I found I was surrounded by mannequins displaying the newest Berliner collection.
- Never mind the clothes - you need only look at the mannequins in shop windows to feel obese.
- What is striking in these Renaissance representations, and in the mannequins displayed outside, is the Venetian aristocracy's preference for dressing their African servants in lavish courtly attire.
1.1 dated A person employed by a designer, costumier, etc., to model clothes.
- Driven by the powerful grey consumer, modelling agencies with elderly mannequins are proliferating, and supermodels are making way for silver-haired ones as the advertising industry becomes attuned to the aging reality.
- There was moving art in the form of mannequins modeling Megan Waterman's fashion creations.
- She is what is known in the fashion industry as a fit model or live mannequin.
Words that rhyme with mannequinmanikin, pannikin
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.